Grace is still only eating baby food and it has to be almost completely pureed. She chokes on anything chunky. So day after day, I try to keep things interesting and not spend my entire existence making separate food for Grace so here are some things I’ve learned:
- Whenever I make us a dinner that can be blended for Grace, I make extra.
- Beans & rice do NOT make good baby food. I spent an hour blending it and putting it in those little baby food freezer trays and then she was choking on the bean skins which didn’t blend well.
- Grace loves peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I just soak it in apple juice and feed it to her with a spoon.
- Shepherds pie blends beautifully
- So does fish pie
- Grace refuses to drink anything other than milk so water and juice I have to pump into her mouth with one of those plastic syringes that come with medicine.
- She eats oatmeal every single morning. I make a batch a week and put it in these baby food freezer trays. I add different things: cinnamon, sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup, raisins, banana puree, sometimes Cadbury’s hot chocolate powder to make chocolate oatmeal 🙂